Sunday, June 15, 2008

Long time no whatever

So I just realized that the last time I updated was when Ggma died. It's only been three weeks, but it seems as though it's been a lifetime, in some ways.

I had my two weeks of summer vacation, lazy lazy summer days. Ok, not really. I did sleep in occasionally. I did stay in my jammies til 9 am on a few days. I did wander around town doing errands without the kids--- almost heaven, that was!

So anyhow. The Pantless Jedi is on his fourth round of antibiotics for a sore throat in about 10 weeks. The doctor said that we might have to get his tonsils taken out. I really don't want to do that, but we'll do what we have to do .

Starbuck is her normal self. She's independent, headstrong, funny, and beautiful. I adore that child. :) She definitely reminds me of Kara on BSG. :) Not that I've watched that this season. 10 episodes on TiVo to watch. Sigh. Who has time???

OOOOH!!! I bought an electric bike!!! After my 13 mile trek and near collapse from heat exhaustion--- what--- I didn't write about that??? OOOOOH. Let me explain.

So, when gas hit over 3.75 a gallon, I thought I would see what I could do to conserve gas a little. I had this brilliant idea!!! I'd ride my bike to and from work--- it's only 7 miles one way.I decided to try the trip before my first day back for summer school. So I picked a Thursday morning. I didn't realize the temps were supposed to be in the 90's that day--- but I'm not sure it would have deterred me even if I had realized it. :) Anyhow, I made it there just fine, but coming back with no break was a very stupid thing to do. Yeah. I didn't take a break. I DID drink water, I'm not that stupid. But I just turned right around after I got to my building and kept going. If I had done the trip on a regular day, I would have spent three hours in the classroom, chilling out. But it wasn't a regular day. It was a Jenette is Crazy Inside day. I'm proud to say that I made it almost all the way home--- within a mile. Then I started to get sick to my stomach, dizzy, and well, just all around not good. Fortunately I was right by a friend's house. Unfortunately, they were at work. But I sat on their porch and called another friend to come get me. She did, and only laughed at me a little. :)

Ok, so after that fiasco, I decided that I should figure out a different way to conserve gas and go a little more green. I found an electric bike on ebay in the area and decided to buy it. Today, I took 3/4 of the way to work and back--- it was awesome!!! I still have to pedal, but the hills are much easier. It's technically a pedal assisting motor. Which is what it does! I love it.

Sometimes I feel like a teenager inside. Does that make any sense? I forget that I'm 31 now. Because I still feel like I'm 19 sometimes.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

great story. To learn more about ebikes check out the electric bicycle forum.

www.ebikehub.com/forum/