Thursday, January 25, 2007

Braxton, Taylor, Hicks?

American Idol was delayed tonight due to a basketball game. Pbbt! This is my favorite part, the try outs! Come on, does it get much better than this?

It is 12.15 am. I'm watching Idol in real time, not TiVo time. And I have to take a break and get up to walk a little. Because these darn Braxton Hicks (sp?) are really getting to me. I don't know if it was because I didn't know anything, or if it was because I was on bedrest with Hethan, but I don't remember this part of pregnancy.

Before you ask, Emily and Mel B., no, they are not incredibly regular, though I was getting a bit worried about 45 minutes ago. There is a bit of lower back pain with each contraction, but more of a discomfort than a pain. I'm drinking a big glass of water as I type this, you two. (Em and Mel B. are my resident nurses and Mel B. is also my pregnancy buddy) (Em likes to tell me what to do. She even scheduled my C section for me. But for all her bossiness, she listens to me cry when I'm scared because I'm vomiting and having small contractions and my body feels off.)

So I'm waiting for things to subside a little so that I can settle down on the couch and sleep peacefully. Without feeling like my bladder is being compressed--- that's what contractions do to me--- and without feeling like my breath has been taken away (another thing that contractions do to me). Meanwhile, I'm terribly entertained by American Idol. Terribly being the key word.

Ok. I'm going to go watch the last fifteen minutes. Wish me luck and sleep! :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You're description is how I always feel the last 7-10 days of my prgnancies. Flurries of irregular contractions, some that made my back ache. Imagine my surprise with my last pregnacy when I went to be checked and they found that I was already 7cm and only 36 weeks, and all had were irregular bouts.

Sounds to me that you are in the beginning stages of labor. I don't think that you are going to make it to the middle of Feb.

I also did hear recently that if your first child was a boy that your chances of delivering early is higher.

Anonymous said...

That last comment was great! It wasn't even me griping at you this time - rock on!! I think it would be quite hilarious if you went early due to all the scheduling discussions I've had with the Docs!! But you know what I've said before...you are determined to not have her on the 11th or the 14th so that is when something will happen!
Love ya
emily

Anonymous said...

Jenette, I can't believe you stayed up and watched AI real time! Crazy woman!

BTW...you are not allowed to go into labour early, you will mess up my meal plan for you :)

Queen Elaine