Sunday, June 29, 2008

Summertime Strep

My throat started feeling funny on Thursday. A wee bit scratchy. I attributed it to allergies, lack of sleep, dehydration, whatever. On Friday, it was a wee bit red, but nothing else. That evening, I may have had a VERY low grade fever, but not enough to keep me from going out to eat and having a relaxing evening with Aaron. Seriously--- for most people it wouldn't have even been considered a fever--- it's just since my body temp is freakishly low....

But Saturday. Oh Saturday. Very red, very swollen, and WHITE SPOTS! Bah. So I went to Urgent Care. My strep test was negative, but when the dr. looked at my throat, he said, "Oh yes, you have strep."

So here I am, on antibiotics.

But what's up with that? No high fever, no terribly sore throat--- just sore enough to let me know that something wasn't right. And a slight increase in my grumpiness. Ever so slight, because believe me, I'm a treat to be with, ALL THE TIME! (No comments from the peanut gallery, understand?) I mean, normally I'm Mary Sunshine (this is true, BTW) with a few clouds that drift by. But the past three days, I've been Mary Stormcloud with brief periods of sun. Stupid strep.

Aaron bent the lawn mower blade yesterday. Can I just say how glad I am that I did not do this? Because I would have gotten tons of grief over it! :) hehehehe

I love Goodwill shopping. That's probably about the only kind of shopping that I truly ENJOY! I can afford to go Goodwill shopping! And the things I find! Wow! I think I'm all set for my summer dresses. I hate shorts. Shorts never look good on me. (Aaron, your opinion doesn't count--- you'd have me wearing Daisy Dukes if you had your way) I feel uncomfortable in shorts. And when you teach little kids who have no problem telling you that your thighs are fat..... :):)

Ok, off to get ready for church. Not singing for the next two months. Sigh. I'll miss it, but I'm going to pray and focus on the Education ministries.

2 comments:

Rachel said...

Feel better Jenette.

Tyler and I feel your pain. We're both getting over our summer strep-ish messes.

Anonymous said...

Yuck. Hope you feel better soon Jenette!

QE