Saturday, September 13, 2008

Whadda week....

First week with kiddos. And what a week it was! I never knew the beginning of school could be so crazy. We have a new enrollment process-- Centralized Intake--- and while it makes registration easier, it's new. So there are kinks to be worked out. Lots of kinks. And school is now Tuesday through Friday, giving us Mondays to plan. Hmmm....

So on Thursday, I took a bath with Starbuck--- I needed to relax and laugh a little. There's nothing like seeing my daughter in the water to make me giggle. She's a true water baby. Doesn't mind getting her face wet. Doesn't mind rolling around in the water. Doesn't mind pooping in the water.... yep. She let loose a few turds while we were in the tub. I quickly climbed out of the water, lifted her out of the water and let the water out of the tub. I went to search for the Clorox cleaner--- you know I had to disinfect that tub, don't you--- and when I came back, Starbuck was standing in a pile of yet more poop! I hollered to Aaron to come help me. We thought she was done, so he tried to diaper her. Yeah, she wasn't. She pooped some more. And some more. Last time I ever give that child prune juice because she's constipated.... She slept better than she had in a few nights though... nothing like a gooooood bowel movement, hm? Ew.

Anyhow, I have some kids this year that are going to keep me on my toes. Ha! Wait. I'm usually on my toes. Ok. So I have some that are going to to keep me thinking and make me do some research on how to best address their emotional issues. I have a wonderful team this year and hope that we will be able to make a positive impact on our student's lives. I think I'm where I was meant to be, job wise.

And now, off to sleep. I've gone from one extreme to the other. Sleeping for three hours a night to sleeping for 14 hours a day. What's up with me????

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Why do children feel the need to poop at the most inopportune moments? At they're cute....
Glad this year seems to be going better so far!