Monday, November 24, 2008

I Love....

memories that come to you and comfort you.
fireplaces that radiate heat.
books that allow for escape.

Tonight, I was sitting in front of our wonderful new fireplace insert--- we got it in, it works, I love it--- with a book and was thinking about how when I was a younger, there would not be a lot to do on cold winter evenings at home. So I would sprawl out in front of the fire with a book and lose myself in the story and bask in the heat. Good memories.

I'm hosting the Thanksgiving Dinner this year. I can't wait. I will go grocery shopping tomorrow for the feast. Then I start cooking on Wednesday. Should I do a turkey and a ham? Hmmm.... decisions decisions.

Off to watch the Unit now.

1 comment:

Rachel said...

Enjoy your feast this weekend!

We're doing both ham and turkey ...