Thursday, August 25, 2005

Procrastination, oh Procrastination

I really should be lesson planning. I really should be planning out the next month, because that's the kind of person I am. But I'm not ready for summer to end. I'm not ready to think about language development, cognitive skills, fine and gross motor skills, and social concepts. I'm not ready to introduce myself to a bunch of cute, wide eyed little 4 and 5 year olds.

Instead, I've sorted through all of the mounds of clothing that Ethan's outgrown, labeling the boxes and putting them into the guest room closet. I starightened up the garage. I rearranged the living room. I took Ethan outside to play. I took Ethan for a bike ride, he's learning how to pedal his little two wheeler. Now I am sitting here, in my pretty newly arranged living room, watching-- can you guess?? Buffy the Vampire Slayer. Only an episode I have on DVD. Only an episode I've seen 2 or 3 times on TV before.

I really could be writing up my unit. It's not that hard to do. Especially since I've done the unit before, twice before. It's just a new way of writing it up this year. I really should do this. Why do I feel like it's going to be Sunday night before I get this done??? Sigh.

Maybe I should go sweep the kitchen floor and mop it. Oooh, and I could clean the bathroom downstairs. Oh! And I could DUST! Ok, let's not get carried away. I am a good housekeeper, but gosh, how I hate dusting. If I could hire someone to come in and just DUST once a week, I'd do it. But that wouldn't make much sense, would it. I'll just wait til Ethan's old enough to do it. That's what my mom and grandma did to me! :) They hate dusting, and so do I, but as the lowest in the pecking order, I always had to do it. Growl.

Tangents, tangents. Where was I? Oh yes. What else can I do to avoid writing up my lesson plan unit? Write in my blog, of course! What about? NOTHING! Ha!

Tomorrow is a busy day! I have an HSG test in the morning. I get to hang out with one of my dearest friends tomorrow afternoon and evening. It's all good. It's my last day of summer. Last DAY! NO!!! Ok, stop thinking about it. I really should have done substitute teaching this year. I could have arranged my schedule. I could have gone to Georgia any time I wanted to. Sigh. Now I'm committed to this job, for at least this school year. And I'm excited about it. I REALLY AM! It's just the end of the summer and everything, you know?

Ok, ok. I'm off to clean up the kitchen. Or maybe surf the library web site for books for this unit. Yeah! That's what I'll do! That way I'm productive... yet not actually writing the whole unit. That's good.

Have a good day. I have no tips for the day. No advice. I'm way too procrastinative to get anything done today.

No comments: