Wednesday, September 21, 2005

Twinkle Twinkle

Has anyone gathered yet that I love my kid and think that he's pretty terrific? Let me get all Kathie Lee Gifford for a moment and tell you about yet another cute thing that my child did tonight.

He and I were coming home from running errands and it was getting dark. From the mouth of my child: "I want to sing the stars out, Mommy. They like the song, Twinkle Twinkle Little Star, so that's what I'll sing to them." I told him that would be fine. So he began to sing and these are the words and inflections he used: "Twinkle, twinkle, little star. How I won der wh at you are. Up a bove the world so high, like a diamond in the BEAUTIFUL sky, twinkle, twinkle, little star, how I wonder what you are." And just then, a star peeked out into the dimming sky. Isn't that amazing? The timing was perfect.

I could go off on a tangent and a soapbox about how children see the world as a beautiful place until we as adults dim their view and force them to see the unbeautiful side of the world. But hey, why bother? Y'all already know how I feel about it, don't you? :)

Ok, commercial time for Lost is over. I should let you know that this is the start of a new season of Lost, and I am HOPELESSLY addicted. So if you need/want me, make it after Lost on Wednesday nights, got it? :):) Of course I have TiVo, but Aaron isn't always willing to pause Lost.

Have a good night!

1 comment:

Martiel said...

Twinkle my little heart out! so cute what Eathan did, singing to the stars. Kids are adorable in moments like that. They see the world so differently from adults, and we the adults need to think more like kids, sometimes.