Thursday, March 09, 2006

Fajita Breath and Alcohol Calorie Count


I have fajita breath. We went to Don Pablo's for supper, along with my lovely sister in law, Emily, and Alex, her son. I had a fajita salad. Though I avoided the onions, I still have fajita breath. But it was oh so good.

And Emily and I shared a Swirl. Margarita and Sangria. Yummy.

Before we met Aaron at Don Pablo's, I was drinking a Mike's Hard Lime. Emily and I were discussing our recent weight loss-- she's lost at least 20 lbs this year, and I've taken off about 12 lbs since I had Henry. She's just cut out snacking and has been a bit more active. I've had that whole grief and guilt diet thing going on, not to mention exercising at the Y 3-4 times a week. (I did 2.5 miles in 35 minutes last night!!!) We were talking about how drinking alcohol could be a real dangerous way to escape things that are wrong in life, but how we both like our drinks every now and then. We were also discussing what keeps us from drinking too much when we get stressed. I said something about the calorie count of alcohol preventing me, which made us curious about my Mike's. Of course, the calorie count isn't on the bottle. So we looked it up.

220 calories in a Mike's Hard Lemonade. 37 carbs.

Sigh. I guess I'll be buying light alcohol from now on. Or skipping dessert. Or running another day or two a week. Or just keep my alcohol intake to mainly on Fridays, if and when I do choose to drink. Sigh. Good thing tomorrow is Friday :)

1 comment:

Pinterest Failures said...

I am sticking to just drinking on the weekends. Not that it has helped all that much...