Sunday, August 12, 2007

Ghostly fingers within the cobwebs of my soul

All day today, I have felt as if there were fingers lightly stroking my soul. Fingers that disturb the cobwebs of my mind, bringing forth memories.

I find myself thinking today of relationships past. There's the friendship that "broke up" when motherhood took over my life. For some reason, I've been having lots of memories about that time in my life. I find myself wanting to contact that person, but knowing it wouldn't be a good idea.

And then there's my gpa. Aaron and I went to a baseball game today, an afternoon game. It was a scorchingly hot day, and all I could see when I closed my eyes, was my gpa recling in his chair, watching the game "through his eyelids." (Best way to spend a Sunday afternoon in the summer...)

The cicadas are screaming. Yes, screaming. Partly because Carl the cat is chasing them--- he caught one earlier. Their screaming evokes memories of summer nights three years ago, when my heart was in turmoil and the heat of summer baked my discontent.

I keep seeing the ads for Stardust--- a movie adapted from Neil Gaimon novel. And thinking about Neil Gaimon makes me think about the person who introduced me to his novels. Which stirs so many cobwebs.

Yes, I feel the stroke of ghostly fingers, those fingers that don't quite touch, but stir the air, I feel them within the cobwebs of my soul.


And this darn new keyboard, while better than the old, is taking me forever to get used to! But hey, it was 3.99 and doesn't stick on the spacebar!

No comments: